Renovating a house is an enormous challenge, which results in getting a more beautiful version of your house. It is an expensive process. Therefore, complete research is required to create your home remodeling checklist.
Here we have provided a whole house renovation checklist 2020 to help you with arranging your task. This ensures to keep your renovation costs under the budget and give your home a beautiful look.
Whole House Renovation Checklist 2020
The whole house renovation checklist 2020 comprises a step-by-step procedure of renovation to turn your dream house into reality.
Pre-plan Your Renovation Ideas on Paper
Before you begin the renovating process, here are all the things you need to keep in mind.
- Create a list of all your needs or changes you want to make.
- Jot down the plan on the paper to get a better idea of your dream house.
- Get an estimation of the cost of renovation and change the plan accordingly. Also, it is highly important to calculate the return of investment to check the financial viability of the property.
- Make a scheduled plan of work and set up a deadline for the completion of the renovation.
Get Quotes and Select the Builder For the Project
- Ask for referrals from friends or family about professional contractors to build your dream house.
- Check the reviews and credentials of the renovation contractors you have listed down. Verify whether the contractors have insurance and worker’s compensation in place.
- Ask for a quotation from all the companies you have selected.
- Enquire about all the permits required for renovation works.
- Finally, choose the builder who understands your needs and serves you within your budget.
Begin the Work
- Make the site safe and then clear it out before you begin the work. Before clearing out, check if you can salvage, sell, recycle anything.
- Rent a portable storage container to store all your extra items.
- Make new arrangements for a living before they start the renovation process.
- Once the work starts, always be in contact with the contractors. Also, visit the site every few days to know how the work is going on.
- Prepare a punch list when a job is about to get over overseeing any work that’s left out. Crosscheck the list with the contractor and ask him to complete all the tasks mentioned inside the list.
- Decorate the place as per your wish and move into your newly renovated place.
Reputed Building Contractors Complying With Whole House Renovation Checklist 2020
BNC Builders is a reputed and licensed home builder in Escondido, helping clients to get their dream house on a budget. Our experienced employees believe in delivering quality projects on time.