Trex is a material that is made from sawdust, recycled wood, and plastic bags. It is very durable and easy to maintain. So, Trex acts as the best alternative against the wood. In fact, the average Trex decking cost is around $1,500. This will vary based on different types of decking installation factors that are listed below.
Factors Affecting Trex Decking Cost
- The installation of Trex decking is a labor-intensive process. So, it cost an average of $8 per sq. foot for a 250 sq foot deck.
- If you want to destroy an old deck, then it can cost around $2 to $3 per square foot.
- The materials used while installation of Trex decking can also vary the price range. If the higher quality materials like pressure-treated wood are used, then it can cost around $8-$20 per square foot.
- A high-quality wood like cedar is a good material to be used in decking as it is soft and doesn’t crack easily. The installation cost for it can be on average $11-$26 per sq. foot.
There are 3 types of Trex decking installation options. The Trex decking cost will vary based on these types.
- Trex select is the low cost and affordable option. It comes with a basic design framework of color options and mold resistance.
- The Trex Enhance is more costly than Trex select type. It gives a higher resistance towards stains and mold formation.
- Trex Enhance is the highest grade of decking. It has a variety of colors and finishes options on it. Also, it has a shell technology in it that protects the deck against fading, mold, and stains.
Need Professional Help!
To get the top-notch quality and cost-effective Trex decking installation for your home, BNC Builders is the ultimate choice. Our professional team will help you to select every good option for Trex decking types. We are replacing and installing decks in the Escondido area for many years.